SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Biggest surprise sighting for me at SSR, which I've seen on other parts of Disney's property, but never in Congress Park, were the wild turkeys when I was there in February 2024:
original.jpg
🤣
We just got this show ourselves last week in the Congress Park lot. Surprising and impressive!

Questions about Treehouse stay:
1) when we arrive can we just use our bands on the gate or do we need to go to desk at SSR first?
2) we can park 1 car at our treehouse?
3) we can take boat to DS from there?

Questions about Treehouse stay:
1) when we arrive can we just use our bands on the gate or do we need to go to desk at SSR first?
2) we can park 1 car at our treehouse?
3) we can take boat to DS from there?
As PP said, yes to all three... normally.
I don't know when you plan to go but be aware there currently are no boats running in the Disney Springs area. The water level is too low.

As PP said, yes to all three... normally.
I don't know when you plan to go but be aware there currently are no boats running in the Disney Springs area. The water level is too low.
We go on the 31st so, yeah, prob no boats.

Thanks, both of you, for the answers

anyone heading "home" for Easter? Since it is so late in April this year I'm hoping it will be warm enough to use that water park day we get in 2025.

Did anyone watch the drone show from SSR last night? Wondering if it’s the same view that you get from DS or if the drones don’t take the right shape.

Did anyone watch the drone show from SSR last night? Wondering if it’s the same view that you get from DS or if the drones don’t take the right shape.
I see a post in a Facebook group that had a bunch of pictures that looked fantastic; only caveat is any words are backwards.

Here are some screenshots of the Dreams That Soar drone show from DS. They’re from a YT video. They added spotlights at SSR and the trees have been lit up and synced with the show, how cool! Disney Saratoga Springs Resort turned 20 years old recently. IMG_8842.pngIMG_8841.pngIMG_8838.png

Have two stays at SSR booked - one for December and one for April and just requested the grandstand area

Don’t love the pool in that area but figured we can walk to the better pool.

Transportation was the higher priority, so we rather be the first bus stop!

Have two stays at SSR booked - one for December and one for April and just requested the grandstand area

Don’t love the pool in that area but figured we can walk to the better pool.

Transportation was the higher priority, so we rather be the first bus stop!
We were in the Paddock a couple weeks ago in the building next to the pool. DW just had a knee replacement, so was using a Scooter and we never had an issue with Bus service at the Paddock, that said, we don't rope drop, so not sure about that.

(Fun Fact: Been a DVC member since 2007 and have gone to the parks more times than I can count and I have made rope drop at a park exactly 1 time)

We were in the Paddock a couple weeks ago in the building next to the pool. DW just had a knee replacement, so was using a Scooter and we never had an issue with Bus service at the Paddock, that said, we don't rope drop, so not sure about that.

(Fun Fact: Been a DVC member since 2007 and have gone to the parks more times than I can count and I have made rope drop at a park exactly 1 time)
We rope drop! Our next two trips we are a group of 8 with a double stroller and want to be on the first bus out. We just got back two weeks ago (just my husband and I) and stayed at the treehouses. We ended up walked from our treehouse to the grandstand for the bus each morning and night and it wasn’t bad at all!

Anaheim local and was a DL CM for nearly 10 years in high school, college and grad school, and an AP/MK holder on and off since the late 90's so I've been to Disneyland as a guest hundreds (thousands?) of times over the past 50 years. Been visiting WDW since 2014 as a DVC owner and an AP holder (we have offices in Orlando and Miami so I'll sneak in a visit on business trips too) so tack on several dozen trips WDW as well. Have never once rope dropped in any park on either coast...LOL.

Last edited:
Well I've been a DVC member since 1996, have been visiting Disney parks every single year of my life since 1971, 3-5 trips a year since the early 80s - the only years I missed going to Disney World were when I lived in L.A. from 1990-1994, when I visited Disneyland multiple times a year. My DIsney days probably number in the thousands over 53 years...and I never did rope drop once. Honestly, likely never will either - on vacation, I just can't bring myself to get up that early and go squeeze into a crowd waiting to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter