Rejected Offers Thread

Thought Id add to this. I was looking for some BLT points to become a first time resale buyer (160 points, fully loaded) and it was on market for $133, I offered $126, they came back at 130 and we settled on 128. I think looking at some of the other forum threads I could perhaps have gotten it lower (I've seen some $120s!), but it was fully loaded, I think BLT has a fab location (which always helps real estate) and was just so excited to join DVC. Here's hoping for a nice refurb that pleases everyone - that's a thing, RIGHT? :)
Could have, maybe, but maybe not & could still be searching for the right one. As @Sandisw said.
Check it... https://www.dvcrofr.com/pricing-tool

Thought Id add to this. I was looking for some BLT points to become a first time resale buyer (160 points, fully loaded) and it was on market for $133, I offered $126, they came back at 130 and we settled on 128. I think looking at some of the other forum threads I could perhaps have gotten it lower (I've seen some $120s!), but it was fully loaded, I think BLT has a fab location (which always helps real estate) and was just so excited to join DVC. Here's hoping for a nice refurb that pleases everyone - that's a thing, RIGHT? :)
Nearly the same as the deal I am under contract for! Yes, I know I could have done better, but I am also getting exactly what I wanted, and that does count for something! Congrats!

Great contract! Nice job!

Blerghityblergh- SSR 120 points, $85,- listed $121 May 2024

I may have done that thread wrong, sorry if so and happy to correct. It was a totally loaded contract so we knew we were low but thought we’d try! Add-on-itis has gotten us but only for the right price, use year, and points. The broker kindly shared that the seller sold a similar one at $112 just now and she was lovely to work with.

Blerghityblergh- SSR 120 points, $85,- listed $121 May 2024

I may have done that thread wrong, sorry if so and happy to correct. It was a totally loaded contract so we knew we were low but thought we’d try! Add-on-itis has gotten us but only for the right price, use year, and points. The broker kindly shared that the seller sold a similar one at $112 just now and she was lovely to work with.
$112 pp is much higher than I would pay for SSR! But there are many buyers out there who might see that as a good deal and to be fair it's probably half decent.

$112 pp is much higher than I would pay for SSR! But there are many buyers out there who might see that as a good deal and to be fair it's probably half decent.
Yeah, I totally agree. I also did the math valuing the loaded points at $10 pp and it still came out at a higher point value than what we paid on our first SSR. I’m now (6 months) older and wiser haha. I also recognize these boards have skewed my perspective.

Ok, well, here’s another.

RIV 100 points, listed at $125, offered $114. Broker would not present anything but full price offer to seller per their agreement.

We are just struggling with Riviera’s value given we can’t use the points anywhere else for resale. Might just do direct someday (which is what Disney wanted!).
Remember that RIV is getting older and less shiny every day and more contracts will continue to come on the market. I definitely wouldn’t reach for a restricted resale contract.

Remember that RIV is getting older and less shiny every day and more contracts will continue to come on the market. I definitely wouldn’t reach for a restricted resale contract.
100% this!!!
Go with a different resort for resale or go direct!!
Too many other options out there still (at WDW), VDH is the only restricted resort I would even think about, but then the tax talks me out of that too. ;)

BLT, Arr2-D2, 125/pts, $112 offer, $120 asking, May 2024

December use year. Buyer to pay all fee’s and dues. This was a bankruptcy situation and the courts would be deciding if it even goes through, pushing the closing 90+ days beyond August. No counter.

BLT, Arr2-D2, 125/pts, $112 offer, $120 asking, May 2024

December use year. Buyer to pay all fee’s and dues. This was a bankruptcy situation and the courts would be deciding if it even goes through, pushing the closing 90+ days beyond August. No counter.
Where do you find listed contracts in bankruptcy? Is it through a standard broker and just disclosed in the notes?

Where do you find listed contracts in bankruptcy? Is it through a standard broker and just disclosed in the notes?
It wasn't listed on anything public that I saw. On the first phone call while discussing my submitted offer and at the end of the conversation the broker hit with the news. Said Oh hey, so there is an issue with this sale, its dependent on bankruptcy court decision so the sale wouldn't close until August at the earliest.

It wasn't listed on anything public that I saw. On the first phone call while discussing my submitted offer and at the end of the conversation the broker hit with the news. Said Oh hey, so there is an issue with this sale, its dependent on bankruptcy court decision so the sale wouldn't close until August at the earliest.
That is ridiculous--but at least you found out before additional negotiations or acceptance. I wonder what percentage of DVC contract purchases end up with a buyer in financial distress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter