"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

My issue with the party on the last night of a trip is my lack of energy. For the party I wanna be able to go until it closes and have energy for everything but if I hit it at the end of a week long trip I’m just not gonna be able to do that.
Agreed. We did the party at the end of our trip last year and we were so out of steam by that point. I’m going to try to do day one this year. Fly in, drop the bags and go.

Agreed. We did the party at the end of our trip last year and we were so out of steam by that point. I’m going to try to do day one this year. Fly in, drop the bags and go.
I did that one year, albeit to the Xmas party. Was a crazy long day considering I came in on the first flight and did Epcot that morning, I was so dead by the end of the night I ended up taking a Lyft back to Beach Club. Totally worth it though.

I’ve never met Mickey and Minnie at the party but may want to this year. How long is their wait usually and are they together?

An arm and a leg... Or your first child.
Your choice

LMAO - true story!

The closer you go to Halloween, the more expensive it will be. I know this because my friends and I go every year the week before Halloween and it's a pretty hefty price. This year we are going to two parties. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it, but it's still so much money...

I’ve never met Mickey and Minnie at the party but may want to this year. How long is their wait usually and are they together?
Every year is different...I go every year. Last year we literally walked right in. Waited about 5 minutes (and this was us getting into the park at 7pm when the party started). We also walked right in for the 7 Dwarves & Jack and Sally last year...(which was a bonus because I love them but wasn't willing to wait 2 hours for them) :) We celebrated my 50th birthday that night so all of those things were great birthday presents LOL

There have been years that the wait has been LOOOONNNGGG...

Ive never been to MNSSHP but we have been to other after dark events in DL. Is the dessert party for fireworks seating worth it or is the park not packed enough to justify the time/money spent on a dessert party?

tbqh - I don't think the fireworks at MNSSHP are all that impressive side from the giant Jack Skellington puppet, and you will not be able to see him that far back or from that location. It's a waste of money and your very limited party time. If you want to see the fireworks imo the best move is to find a spot around the hub to watch the first Boo to You and then hang around for the fireworks. I did that last year and it worked out great. Not sure about the timing this year though with Boo to You beginning earlier. I think this is one of those things where you'll want to keep an eye out for the first reports to figure out strategy.

Yay! Dates are out!

Does anyone know if it is busier on a weekend than a weekday or the same since the number of people/tickets are pretty stable. Thanks!

tbqh - I don't think the fireworks at MNSSHP are all that impressive side from the giant Jack Skellington puppet, and you will not be able to see him that far back or from that location. It's a waste of money and your very limited party time. If you want to see the fireworks imo the best move is to find a spot around the hub to watch the first Boo to You and then hang around for the fireworks. I did that last year and it worked out great. Not sure about the timing this year though with Boo to You beginning earlier. I think this is one of those things where you'll want to keep an eye out for the first reports to figure out strategy.
thanks! My date is likely the 2nd one. So I might be the one giving some of those updates :)

I did that one year, albeit to the Xmas party. Was a crazy long day considering I came in on the first flight and did Epcot that morning, I was so dead by the end of the night I ended up taking a Lyft back to Beach Club. Totally worth it though.
Wow! That’s a crazy day. We won’t take the early morning flight. We do mid-morning flights and arrive mid-afternoon. Seems like that would be perfect timing to head to the party at 4.

I have a week in September booked and i figure theyll be 2 days to choose from within our dates. Even when the tickets go on sale to resort guests , which i am, im going to wait the week and then get our tickets from AAA for a 30-40 discount. The tickets dont sell out That quick for regular days. Worked fine for the Christmas party as well.
So how do you get this discount? Do they sell them online or only at your local club? I told myself I wasn’t going to do MNSSHP again this year but a $30% discount…

ETA- my brain was super optimistic in assuming that was a percentage

Last edited:
The first night is the one that fits our schedule best…but I like reading blogs/blogs and determining strategy in advance. Does anyone know if Disney releases the special dining options and full schedule a few days in advance?

The announcement, and then quiet removal, of Tiana's has me thinking. Why would they announce that as part of the Halloween Party? What if we're not just getting Tiana's Bayou Adventure, but also a "Friends on the Other Side" overlay, where Dr. Facilier and friends bring a spooky element to the co-op?

The announcement, and then quiet removal, of Tiana's has me thinking. Why would they announce that as part of the Halloween Party? What if we're not just getting Tiana's Bayou Adventure, but also a "Friends on the Other Side" overlay, where Dr. Facilier and friends bring a spooky element to the co-op?
While that might be great, I’d be shocked for a brand new attraction to have an overlay so shortly after opening. I believe they’ll want to ensure the attraction is functioning as it should before adding an overlay.

We are planning to go on October 4th. That’s our only shot as our cruise is from 10/5-10/12, and we fly back on 10/13 (was really hoping for a 10/13 party and we would stay the extra day, but that didn’t pan out).

Am I relatively safe in waiting for these discounted AAA tickets to go on sale, or should I be jumping on the pre-sale as a resort guest? It kinda sounds like I’m safe but we also don’t have a backup plan if that night sells out.

We are planning to go on October 4th. That’s our only shot as our cruise is from 10/5-10/12, and we fly back on 10/13 (was really hoping for a 10/13 party and we would stay the extra day, but that didn’t pan out).

Am I relatively safe in waiting for these discounted AAA tickets to go on sale, or should I be jumping on the pre-sale as a resort guest? It kinda sounds like I’m safe but we also don’t have a backup plan if that night sells out.
Halloween party dates will not start selling out for months, and the first to go will be night 1 and Halloween. You’ll be fine.

So how do you get this discount? Do they sell them online or only at your local club? I told myself I wasn’t going to do MNSSHP again this year but a 30% discount…
So, first off, when i say 30-40 im talking dollars, not percent. Also, as ive said in a reply to someone else, i bought 2 tickets. The After hours tickets are currently 15 dollars cheaper. For example, the ticket was through Disney 179 on day i went (3 days after Thanksgiving). AAA was 163. So each ticket was 16 dollars cheaper. Of course there is still taxes and fees. I did the orders out on both sites before purchasing to see total. With 2 tickets, i saved 32 dollars in this case. Date based tickets, so you just have to check each date to see.
2nd, i bought online. It makes you enter your chapter. Right now of course youll have to wait until after the GP release. Then theyll tell you how to link it, via email.
Also, as i had a room only and wanted a one day Epcot ticket, i compared again. In some cases, the prices are comparable, but in my case for my day, i saved again, and bought our Epcot tickets also and linked.
Normally if a longer trip i may go for a length of stay, but for a short room only and the 10 minutes it took, i opted for a discounted ticket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter