MK on MNSSHP

jpolak

DIS Veteran
So we are planning our August trip and MNSSHP will be happening two nights we are there. We’re not doing the party but the question is this. Do you thinks it’s bettter to to go to the MK on party days with the thought that people will stay away since the park closes early or day after thinking many people were there last night? Thanks.

MK is great on party days so long as you're ok with having to leave by 6 and not seeing fireworks/evening stuff. It's definitely more crowded on non-party days with people who don't have hoppers and don't want to have to leave early.

We've gone in August the last two years and have tried to do both one party day during the day, and then one non-party day for fireworks etc. The party day we did last year MK opened at 8, we had 7:30 early entry and we were able to get a ton done prior to lunch and then scooted out as the temp got warm.

We've always had good luck going on the day of the parties, especially when they do the 8am opening (which they almost always do those days). Morning crowds are pretty light, especially at first of course. We've never tried this at busier times like October or later in December, but it's worked really well for us mid-August through September and the first couple weeks of December. The party guests can start arriving by 4, and we've heard it can get busy from that point through the regular closing time at 6.

I'm going in August and there will be two parties while I'm there and like you I'm not going to them.

In the past when I have gone to the party my plan was always to not start out at MK that day and then go to MK from 4pm-12am.

When not going to the party my plan is go to MK in the morning and then park hop later.

If I had a base ticket and was not going to the party I'd likely choose the non party day in order to get the max amount of hours.

Party day if you are fine not seeing fireworks. Party mornings are The Best- be there at rope drop and be ready to bail by the time party crowds roll in at 4pm. Crowds will start getting busier earlier afternoon as APs decide to show a bit earlier to avoid the 4pm entry chaos.

Never seen anyone say the day after a party has light crowds so I don’t think that’s a thing.

Great. Thanks. After two Xmas week trips looking forward to the summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter