"I Just Wanna Feel Some Sunshine" - Aulani May 2024

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
Welcome! I’ve been mostly away from the boards as life gets in the way. My last report was Food & Wine Festival 2022 but I’ve been to Disney World a couple times since then along with a 10-day trip to Tuscany and Umbria last summer. We’ve also moved again because of my job this time and my husband was able to transfer within his company. We’re currently in the process of building a house that should be finished about a month after this trip ends. I will be happy to be out of our rental so the dogs can have a proper yard again!

Dis_Yoda – a 38-year-old Aerospace Engineer
Mr. Dis_Yoda – a 40-year-old Retail Manager

IMG_9678.jpg
Dis_Yoda & Mr Dis_Yoda at Springtime Surprise 2024

We’re still food & wine loving DINKs and crazy dog people. We currently have three dogs, two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and a Saluki. They keep us busy as Gantu, my male RR, trains in agility. Qi’ra, my female RR, is enjoying her show retirement as the couch princess. Gideon, my saluki, is turning out to be an amazing show dog whose career is just starting. He’s currently the fastest Saluki for 2024 in FCATs - not sure he’ll keep that ranking all year but for now I’m taking that brag! Hopefully you’ll get to see him on TV this year for the AKC Championship in December or Westminster in 2025.

Baytown KC-582.jpg
Gideon

When we were discussing our vacation plans for 2024, we landed on Aulani for a few reasons. We didn’t want an expensive “big” trip this year. Having DVC meant no additional hotel costs but still would feel like a nice vacation. Looking at our available points and debating on views versus room types, we decided to go with a 1-Bedroom Island View. I get a nice discount for Avis through work along with being a preferred member which I remembered saved us a lot of time 8 years ago when we went! My husband is also no longer vegetarian so he can enjoy different tastes this time around as well!

Our goals are to balance relaxation and exploration this time around. We did many of the major attractions our first visit 8 years ago so we’re trying to get some of the things we missed last time. Plans are may or may not change while we are there but here is what we have planned for now!

Initial Plans

May 11th
Leave Houston ~9:30AM
Arrive Honolulu ~ 1:30PM
Get Rental Car
Head to Costco/Target for supplies
Light Dinner at ‘Olelo Room

May 12th
Jurassic Adventure Tour @ Kualoa Ranch
Byodo Temple
Dinner at NOE Italian @ Four Seasons

May 13th
Fly to Hilo
Rent Convertible
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Liluokalani Park
Rainbow Falls & Boiling Pots
Fly to Oahu

May 14th
Resort Day
80 Minute Massage at Laniwai Spa
Dinner at Restaurant Kuni

May 15th
Visit Aviation Museum & Bowfin
Lunch at Beer Lab
Dinner at The Lei Stand
Stargazing Activity (Adults Only)

May 16th
Shark Cage Dive North Shore
Rum Tasting at Ko Hana
Dinner at Orchids @ Halekulani

May 17th
No Plans/Resort Day
Dinner at UMI by Vikram Garg

May 18th
Brunch at Dean & Deluca
Leave Honolulu​

Hello! :wave2: I'm in!

Glad to see you back on the boards! I read your last TR when Mr. Dis_Yoda was a vegetarian and he ate a lot of Caesar salads (which if made properly aren't vegetarian 😂) on your trip!

You'll be leaving just as I'm getting back! Have a great trip and smooth travels!

Looks like a great plan. I hope to make it to Aulani someday. It looks amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I hope you make it there too one day! It's a nice piece of paradise!

Hello! :wave2: I'm in!

Glad to see you back on the boards! I read your last TR when Mr. Dis_Yoda was a vegetarian and he ate a lot of Caesar salads (which if made properly aren't vegetarian 😂) on your trip!

You'll be leaving just as I'm getting back! Have a great trip and smooth travels!

Yeah - Mr. Dis_Yoda's vegetarian adventure just made me nod my head and go meh. At least it's long in the past now! I do need to see if that vegetarian place we went to on the North Shore still exists as I still crave that salad dressing 8 years later plus that will be refreshing post shark cage diving and pre-rum drinking.

I've been enjoying your stories on Facebook! Looks like you are having a great trip as well.

@franandaj sent me a bat signal to join in so we can plan our Aulani trip!

Your dogs are gorgeous!

Jill in CO

Oh, when are you two planning on going?

Sounds like a good trip. Report back on the shark dive.

Thanks! Will do! That is the one thing I'm doing my co-workers all tell me I'm crazy to do. They are mostly Galapagos sharks or Sandbar Sharks from what I've researched so I'm not worried. My watertight cell phone case arrives today as the last of things I need to pack for the trip so hopefully I can get some photos from the water.

Nice! I've missed your trip reports.

Welcome! I'm glad I have something exciting to share again.

Following along. Have always wanted to go to Hawaii, and love to read the dog stuff too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter