DVC just called and said we are changing your reservation

RLHornbeck

Earning My Ears
Ok so I am a bit discouraged. We just got a call from member services that said

"We are sorry the Boardwalk, boardwalk view room you have book for 2 weeks from not will not be available. We are glad to tell you that you have been moved to a preferred pool and garden suite for no change in points."

I told them this is to be my daughter's lower school graduation trip and she is the one that picked this room so we could spend time as a family and not so much the parks with the private fireworks view every evening.

I was then told:

"You are getting an equal room at the same resort there is no difference, but I can give you a $200 credit for the inconvenience"

Wow we are very discouraged and my daughter does not even know if she wants to go now. Any advice?

Feeling the pixie dust being sucked away.....

I'm sorry. I have a stay in a BW view room in a few weeks and I'm getting anxious about it, too. It really stinks. They are still refurbishing and have been moving people for weeks now. Super disappointing.

How can a garden view room be considered the same as a boardwalk view. The boardwalk view is the entire point.. Sigh

An equvilant to a view like a theme park view at Bay Lake or at least a lake view at the poly or GF.

I am sorry that happened. Wishing you massive amounts of pixie dust

PS. Definitely go!

Last edited:
How can a garden view room be considered the same as a boardwalk view. The boardwalk view is the entire point.. Sigh

An equvilant to a view like a theme park view at Bay Lake or at least a lake view at the poly or GF.

I am sorry that happened. Wishing you massive amounts of pixie dust
From DVC's perspective, both views require the same amount of points. At one time you could not even choose boardwalk vs. pool/garden view. Not saying I agree with them, but that's why they are saying that.

On the bright side, you could possibly end up with a Village Green room which can be very comparable to a boardwalk view.

I am sorry that you are not getting the room but they have had some construction issues that required them to take those rooms back out of service.

While it doesn’t happen a lot, it does happen and all we can do is try to make the best of it.

Points wise, they are the same, and the $200 is at least something to help.

I’d still go and find ways to enjoy the Boardwalk area outside of the balcony!! It will still be memorable!!

Take the money and run.
I’m writing this on my bed in a BWV standard room.
It’s wonderful as usual as are all the rooms at BWV no matter the view. (My opinion and adult daughter in a second room opinion)

There is TONS of construction going on and it’s no wonder they are having trouble filling the reservations.

There is a huge amount of activity on the Boardwalk (it’s hard to walk around with the ‘entertainment’ and mingling and a Boardwalk room is the last place I would want.

Just my opinion of course but as usual, I’m thrilled to spend the week here. (Again)

You’re fortunate you can get a room at same resort. Many others have had to change resorts completely. I was one and ended up at kidani. I had 1 br BW trip and they offered hotel room at yacht club, that wouldn’t work for my family. They tried okw but couldn’t get every day. Eventually found kidani.

I bought small boardwalk contract and this would’ve been my first stay there.

Personally the view would not be a dealbreaker. Go and enjoy it

You’re fortunate you can get a room at same resort. Many others have had to change resorts completely. I was one and ended up at kidani. I had 1 br BW trip and they offered hotel room at yacht club, that wouldn’t work for my family. They tried okw but couldn’t get every day. Eventually found kidani.

I bought small boardwalk contract and this would’ve been my first stay there.

Personally the view would not be a dealbreaker. Go and enjoy it
I hope you enjoyed Kidani….

Not going over a room change seems like an extreme over reaction. Rooms can become unavailable for any number of reasons at anytime. Everyone wants the hotels to be renovated but don't want to deal with those possible inconviences that come with construction.

1715172300127.png

Last edited:
How long are you going? Any chance you could get back into a boardwalk view for part of the trip?

I love the Boardwalk and I'm always happy when I can get a room there so this really wouldn't bother me too much and the fact that there's $200 involved would quell most of the disappointment.🤑 Some are being moved to hotel rooms or resorts nowhere near EP so maybe you could look at it in that respect. Besides, the points are the same so there is no loss in that regard. I have more of a problem with some people being downgraded (villa to hotel room) and not getting points refunded. IMO, you're one of the lucky ones. We have a stay there next week in a 1 BR standard so we'll see how that pans out because I haven't received a call yet.

Last edited:
It sounds like you might be getting a garden suite not a dvc studio with a garden view.

The garden suites look lovely, and are club level.

It might not be the case but I would check, because them saying garden suite instead of view sounds interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter