Pop Century vs Drury Disney Spring with teens?

Yes I looked and see this list of hotels other than the Disney that get the early entry perk. I didn't realize that the Drury Plaza Hotel includes that perk.

Other Select Hotels

• Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World Resort
  • Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
With that (early entry with the Drury) if it were me I'd do the Drury Plaza hotel. I've heard good things about these offsite hotels that give the early entry in terms of shuttle service too.
i believe the swan, swan reserve and dolphin get the extra magic evening hours in addition to the early park entry.

Last edited:
We are planning a Disney trip for our family of four including 2 adults and 2 teens. We are deciding between the Drury Disney Springs and a standard room at Pop Century. For our dates, Pop Century would be about $40 more per night. We have never stayed off site and have also never stayed at Pop (always at Riverside). Which of these options would you personally choose? I like the idea of the breakfast and evening kick back at the Drury and it looks like the hotel itself might be a little nicer/have bigger rooms? My main concern about the Drury is whether transportation will be a pain and whether not being in the "Disney bubble" will feel like a big disadvantage. At the same time, I think there's a chance that it might feel good to decompress at a hotel that is a little less loud and chaotic. I would appreciate any opinions and experiences. Thanks!
After staying at Riverside, you are probably comfortable paying Pop price. $40 only comes in when comparing Drury to Pop. To me there is no comparison between onsite and offsite. The known conveniences of onsite vs the unknown "probable" transportation issues. "Staying til close" removes the evening kickback perk. I've stayed at a Drury a couple of times (St Louis) and the "free" breakfast is the same quality as a resort QS.

Location, Location, Location. "Disney bubble" vibe has value that overshadows Drury. Have grocery breakfast stuff delivered to the resort (save $) and request an out of the way room location (less chaotic / loud)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter