"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

I saw that come across my news feed yesterday about Halloween selling out and I was shocked that it happened so quickly.

I have been dragging my feet about getting tickets for 10/10 or 10/11...how quickly do we think the other parties will sell out? I'm guessing the first night will be the next to sell out!?
With how badly we all called when Halloween would sell out if I wanted a party ticket for any night I would just buy it now

Yup , our girls trip is in mid September and i just called them all yesterday and said we’re getting these tickets this weekend! We have 3 different party dates to choose from, but have a definite preference to one of the dates. We were going to get them at our planning brunch early June, but i dont even want to wait that long. So will get them now (all purchase their ticket individually, but at the same time)
Im excited to go, have only done MVMCP.

I’m behind on reading this thread and had no idea that Halloween was sold out. But we bought our party tickets last Sunday for October 21. I’m glad we went ahead and purchased them. Usually we go during Halloween for the odd years and during Christmas for the even years. But this year we’re shaking things up and going for Halloween again and maybe for Christmas too!

After seeing how fast 10/31 sold out this year, I went ahead and booked our tickets for 8/27--didn't want to risk having one of the cheaper nights sell-out even though I was hoping not to buy them until my DS graduated from his expensive HS and we were totally done with his tuition! Oh well...feels good to have the tickets and to have made a decision about which party date to attend. We decided to go the 2nd day of our trip and plan to sleep in (which will be much needed flying in from the west coast and Hawaii).

After seeing how fast 10/31 sold out this year, I went ahead and booked our tickets for 8/27--didn't want to risk having one of the cheaper nights sell-out even though I was hoping not to buy them until my DS graduated from his expensive HS and we were totally done with his tuition! Oh well...feels good to have the tickets and to have made a decision about which party date to attend. We decided to go the 2nd day of our trip and plan to sleep in (which will be much needed flying in from the west coast and Hawaii).
We bought ours for 8/20 the day I was able to buy them . I was also afraid of the cheaper ones selling out as well. We are also going on our 2nd day as well.

Last edited:
We come from the West Coast and find that doing the parties early, before starting to adjust time zones, is a great strategy. A few things we’ve leaned through the years: if your flight lands at MCO after 10, food options can be sparse, especially at the Disney deluxe hotels by the time you get your luggage and make it over to the resort. We actually have started staying closer to the airport at places we know have a kitchenette (when in doubt, we bring high protein snacks and instant ramen). Whether staying near the airport or on property, we use white noise and do our very best to sleep in as if we were still on pacific time. My kids are elementary age, but this typically allows them to remain energetic (and in a good mood) until 11-midnight, depending on how successful we are with getting a good night (and morning)‘s rest.

Changing hotels on day 2 works better if you aren’t trying to get to the party before 4, because you can generally checked in to your Disney resort, change, and head over by 4:30.

Bought a 10/27 ticket.

This will be the 2nd year since my wife's sudden passing (on 10/27). Last year we celebrated her (she wanted everyone to go to WDW) at MNSSHP, this year I will attend alone.
So sorry for your loss. It can be difficult to adjust to your “new normal.” But I’m so glad you are still able to celebrate her life and make new memories.

Woo-hoo! Its official, just got my party tickets! Going two nights! And its my first time too! Been to OBB many times but always wanted to do this one! Got my airfare and hotel booked-staying at the Poly to be close to MK and super excited! Going Oct 27 and 29 and will be hoping hard for cooler temps!
I'll be there on the 29th too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter