Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

Yes, i agree i haven't stayed in a 1Bd yet either, & i hate that it is double!! (2bd coming later this year tho, so we'll see how that goes. lol)

I was wondering if they got split up at all, did that get answered somewhere?

Nice!! I wonder how often that kind of upgrade happens?

So i'm gonna need more points is what you're saying?? ;)

I actually already switched my plan to be near a 1bd every other year, for just that reason, could do 2 studios, or just a 1bd.
I think SAP will work well if you have a large number of points and “buy where you want to stay” will always work. So, you should be good!

I think SAP will work well if you have a large number of points and “buy where you want to stay” will always work. So, you should be good!
I would caveat that direct SAP will work well if you have a large number of points (nothing is certain in life but harder to imagine Disney excluding direct from any resorts)— also, OKWe, even extended, still ends in 2057– so you get 30 good years (and likely access to the newest hottest resorts) but it also sunsets the timeshare obligation before you lose access to most of the current in demand resorts— If I loved RIV or VDH, I would buy into this OKW promotion instead of buying either of them resale (unless I was determined to stay in the cheapest standard view rooms). The dues may be slightly higher but the options are so much better— with 3 distinct resort areas to choose from!

If I loved RIV or VDH, I would buy into this OKW promotion instead of buying either of them resale
unless I was determined to stay in the cheapest standard view rooms
VDH is a weird duck. You actually need to own there to have any chance at getting into the $$$$ rooms for the most part. There is just so few 1 or 2BRs compared to the studios. Perhaps it will get better as more rooms are allocated to the owner. Getting into studios is not too hard at 7 months as of now.

As I've been thinking of the current round of promotions what I settled on is if I was going to get some points now, it would likely be 250 more at VDH or 250 to 300 more at Riviera. What I really "need" is a direct sale at CCV.....

VDH is a weird duck. You actually need to own there to have any chance at getting into the $$$$ rooms for the most part. There is just so few 1 or 2BRs compared to the studios. Perhaps it will get better as more rooms are allocated to the owner. Getting into studios is not too hard at 7 months as of now.

As I've been thinking of the current round of promotions what I settled on is if I was going to get some points now, it would likely be 250 more at VDH or 250 to 300 more at Riviera. What I really "need" is a direct sale at CCV.....
I’m predominantly a studio dweller so I wasn’t thinking about the VDH large room special situation. I wonder if they kept a disproportionate amount of larger VDH rooms to rent as hotel rooms or if they just built a much smaller ratio of them to begin with.

I’m starting to wonder if they are a real person or a Disney agent because they got me to buy!!! 😂😂

The one to blame is @Chrionne for starting this thread! I was ready to start buying resale contracts and had been haunting these boards trying to learn about the current state of affairs when I stumbled / train wrecked into this thread whose title says it all. Only after reading about it here did I contact a guide to find out if it was true … that’s how I figured out these boards are better information than anything issued by Disney. Downhill from there.

The one to blame is @Chrionne for starting this thread! I was ready to start buying resale contracts and had been haunting these boards trying to learn about the current state of affairs when I stumbled / train wrecked into this thread whose title says it all. Only after reading about it here did I contact a guide to find out if it was true … that’s how I figured out these boards are better information than anything issued by Disney. Downhill from there.
Were you not a dvc direct member before?

Were you not a dvc direct member before?

No. I became a first time owner of any points with the initial direct 1100 points, then I added 300 more direct during the closing process, and now I bought the last 1000 direct as a current owner. In retrospect there may have been a better strategy, but hindsight is 20/20.

In any case, I was initially planning to become a first time owner via multiple resale contracts because I figured that was the best way to accumulate a lot of points at the lowest price per point - these boards were tremendously helpful for that research. But all that went out the window with this direct OKW promotion.

No. I became a first time owner of any points with the initial direct 1100 points, then I added 300 more direct during the closing process, and now I bought the last 1000 direct as a current owner. In retrospect there may have been a better strategy, but hindsight is 20/20.

In any case, I was initially planning to become a first time owner via multiple resale contracts because I figured that was the best way to accumulate a lot of points at the lowest price per point - these boards were tremendously helpful for that research. But all that went out the window with this direct OKW promotion.
Don forget to take advantage of your welcome home trip. You can get them to book you a room even at a sold out location. And it doesn’t have to be okw. When I bought my first Riveria contract I used welcome home to stay on the boardwalk.

Don forget to take advantage of your welcome home trip. You can get them to book you a room even at a sold out location. And it doesn’t have to be okw. When I bought my first Riveria contract I used welcome home to stay on the boardwalk.
Does anyone know if there's a limit to how far in advance they will book a WH stay? So if I purchased this week, could my WH stay be next summer (2025)?

That’s key advice - the guide did not emphasize the welcome home first booking so I didn’t hear it - had to learn about that from these forums. Yet another example of the value in collective wisdom on these boards.

Couple months ago I was almost sure I was going to buy a dozen Poly resale contracts and roll the dice on ROFR, so today I can’t keep myself from scanning new resale listings just to see what’s out there. Old habits die hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter