Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Looks like one 2 bed penthouse ( 2 story) and 4 single story 2 bed lock offs. Is it possible there is only one penthouse? Upstairs balcony would be primary bedroom and lower balcony would be living room balcony.
ETA: I say that because the rooms below follow the same format.

Last edited:
I hate to say this but that area looks way too shallow to be a concession stand in my opinion. Judging from the worker standing in the opening it’s only about 4ft deep and then metal framing or metal conduit runs vertically. It would be hard to imagine how a counter area would fit in the narrow space unless it’s going to protrude from the building. It’s possible that it will be then at that point it will be subject to the elements and much harder to lock/cover.

Maybe someone else has a different opinion.
Looking at those two bathrooms outlined in orange, by code they have to be at least 7-1/2' wide along the wall with the toilet and sink to provide wheelchair access (60" for the toilet, and 30" for the lavatory which can't overlap, plus turning radius). That space outlined in green is several feet deeper than either of the accessible restrooms, so it looks like it is scaling out to maybe 10' deep. The depth of field in the photo might be compressed and those studs might be set further back then they appear in the photo.

If someone wants to point me in the direction of the plans that we are referencing, I'll take a closer look.

I must not be seeing the doorway. Looks to me like there is a doorway to the left. Then a section similar to the Oasis pool bar refill station. I am on my phone so I can’t see it very well, but isn’t the back of this section metal framing, wiring, and plumbing?
doorswing.jpg

It's obscured by the outline, but you can see the doorswing right next to my red arrow.

Thank you for sharing the link to the documents! I had been unsuccessful in finding it earlier.

Something I noticed, is that they have a sidewalk to nowhere. I know there's been a lot of talk about transportation, so I'm wondering if they'll be adding a new boat launch here? I can't really imagine why else they'd have that sidewalk there...

1717271505692.png

I'm also wondering if this was a preliminary copy of the drawing, because in the lobby, it shows a staircase, but when you look at the artist's renderings that were shown, that staircase is no longer there.
1717271894847.png
1717271939103.png

Thank you for sharing the link to the documents! I had been unsuccessful in finding it earlier.

Something I noticed, is that they have a sidewalk to nowhere. I know there's been a lot of talk about transportation, so I'm wondering if they'll be adding a new boat launch here? I can't really imagine why else they'd have that sidewalk there...

View attachment 864988

I'm also wondering if this was a preliminary copy of the drawing, because in the lobby, it shows a staircase, but when you look at the artist's renderings that were shown, that staircase is no longer there.
View attachment 864991
View attachment 864992
The walkway is very strange. I think that is the side near the wedding chapel. Wouldn’t a pier be an eyesore?

As for the stairs, aren’t they on the lake side? I might be wrong, but I assumed the image above is the front side. As you walk in, I think looking to the right is that blue wall. Stairs would be walking through the lobby and on the left side. Early renderings had an area on the second floor with balcony seating. Latest ones seemed to remove that balcony seating. Early on, some thought a restaurant might be on the second floor up those stairs.

The walkway is very strange. I think that is the side near the wedding chapel. Wouldn’t a pier be an eyesore?

As for the stairs, aren’t they on the lake side? I might be wrong, but I assumed the image above is the front side. As you walk in, I think looking to the right is that blue wall. Stairs would be walking through the lobby and on the left side. Early renderings had an area on the second floor with balcony seating. Latest ones seemed to remove that balcony seating. Early on, some thought a restaurant might be on the second floor up those stairs.
From the floorplan, that area would have to be on the lake side. But you're right, the early rendering had a second floor balcony that would line up with where those stairs are, and the current one doesn't have it anymore.

I hate to say this but that area looks way too shallow to be a concession stand in my opinion. Judging from the worker standing in the opening it’s only about 4ft deep and then metal framing or metal conduit runs vertically. It would be hard to imagine how a counter area would fit in the narrow space unless it’s going to protrude from the building. It’s possible that it will be then at that point it will be subject to the elements and much harder to lock/cover.

Maybe someone else has a different opinion.
Looking at those two bathrooms outlined in orange, by code they have to be at least 7-1/2' wide along the wall with the toilet and sink to provide wheelchair access (60" for the toilet, and 30" for the lavatory which can't overlap, plus turning radius). That space outlined in green is several feet deeper than either of the accessible restrooms, so it looks like it is scaling out to maybe 10' deep. The depth of field in the photo might be compressed and those studs might be set further back then they appear in the photo.

If someone wants to point me in the direction of the plans that we are referencing, I'll take a closer look.

Here is a closer look.
The yellow shows the doorway width. I am sure that will be 3 feet wide.
The red shows the rest of the depth of the area. It appears to be at least twice the width of the door.
So about another 7 feet or so.
Total = about 10 feet deep.

It could be any of the things mentioned here, but I am still hoping for Dole Whip/Shave Ice.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 210325.jpg

Here is a closer look.
The red shows the rest of the depth of the area. It appears to be at least twice the width of the door.

It could be any of the things mentioned here, but I am still hoping for Dole Whip/Shave Ice.

View attachment 865128
not gonna lie, that green circle is as hard to decipher as an early ultrasound. Sure, there's something there, but what the heck is it? Don't some properties have an area with lockers to store your small valuables after you check out, so you can use the pool until you have to leave the property?IMG_9476.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a closer look.

View attachment 865128

So based on the scale of the overall blueprint file (Thank you @Jwaire) - the dimensions of the area in green would be around 18.5ft by 11ft.

So based on the scale of the overall blueprint file (Thank you @Jwaire) - the dimensions of the area in green would be around 18.5ft by 11ft.
It doesn’t look like the area with opening to the outside is nearly that wide. Seems like maybe 1.5 times the construction workers wingspan?

Area is wider than the Dole Whip stand.

Also, with the metal framing, how would they serve anything from that to someone on the outside?
1717308509468.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter