Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #31
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Thanks for the picture! That works for me. You can always use another chair for your legs. I'm not picky. I can make it work! I'm also glad to see that room has the pull down bunk! Yay! I'm very excited!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #32
tkmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 16

Fantasy 4/28-5/4 Strm 8188

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeeS View Post
We are soooo looking forward to your feedback on 8188 Fantasy when you return! I read from a cruiser on 4/12 Fantasy Cruise, that there were also loungers on 8188 Fantasy, but 8188 Dream only had chairs? Also interested in photo's of the verandah and stateroom if you have them! Were you able to see the firework show, I hope so! Was there soot on the verandah floor as I have read in other stateroom reviews? If so, was it cleaned off daily...could I just wipe it down myself? Is it that big a deal? Looking forward to your return and I am hopeful that you had a lovely cruise
We just got off the ship this morning- cruise was awesome the Fantasy is absolutely gorgeous! I will try to post some pics when we get back home (just at the computer rm at the hotel now...) Cabin was really nice. Balcony was huge. Definitely a lot of soot on certain mornings. Got some on our pants/shorts when we sat down before we realized it. Asked our cabin steward to wash down the deck after we noticed and he was happy to do that, plus used extra pool towels to wipe down or sit on when we were outside. Great view of the fireworks -they went off for us at about 10:40 pm on Cozumel pirate party night and we were able to see everything while our kids slept in the cabin. Also- great views of Castaway Cay from our deck too! My husband thought there was a lot of vibration when the ship was cruising at full speed and a ton the morning we pulled in to Pt Canaveral to disembark. Convenient location for running up to grab drinks from Deck 11 at Cabanas or on the pool deck. I enjoyed sitting on a lounge chair in the sun reading a book while my 2 yr old napped in the afternoons! We had two loungers and two regular chairs plus a little table on our deck. Booked an oceanview for next time now that we've done the verandah once- she should be done napping by the time we're on our next trip.

Feel free to ask any more questions and I'll try to answer...
__________________
TKmom
DH, DS 5 and DD 3

2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas 4 night
2011 Disney Magic Western 7 night
2012 Disney Fantasy Western 7 night
tkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #33
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmom View Post
We just got off the ship this morning- cruise was awesome the Fantasy is absolutely gorgeous! I will try to post some pics when we get back home (just at the computer rm at the hotel now...) Cabin was really nice. Balcony was huge. Definitely a lot of soot on certain mornings. Got some on our pants/shorts when we sat down before we realized it. Asked our cabin steward to wash down the deck after we noticed and he was happy to do that, plus used extra pool towels to wipe down or sit on when we were outside. Great view of the fireworks -they went off for us at about 10:40 pm on Cozumel pirate party night and we were able to see everything while our kids slept in the cabin. Also- great views of Castaway Cay from our deck too! My husband thought there was a lot of vibration when the ship was cruising at full speed and a ton the morning we pulled in to Pt Canaveral to disembark. Convenient location for running up to grab drinks from Deck 11 at Cabanas or on the pool deck. I enjoyed sitting on a lounge chair in the sun reading a book while my 2 yr old napped in the afternoons! We had two loungers and two regular chairs plus a little table on our deck. Booked an oceanview for next time now that we've done the verandah once- she should be done napping by the time we're on our next trip.

Feel free to ask any more questions and I'll try to answer...
Thanks so much for the report! I can't wait to see your pictures! Sounds like a great room overall. Was the vibration bad enough to keep you from booking that room again? I got seasick on our last cruise and was already worried about the motion in the aft rooms, so this wasn't really what I was hoping to hear.

Also, was the soot from the fireworks?

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 05-05-2012 at 03:49 PM.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #34
BLeeS
Mouseketeer
 
BLeeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 110

[QUOTE=tkmom;44800601]We just got off the ship this morning- cruise was awesome the Fantasy is absolutely gorgeous! I will try to post some pics when we get back home (just at the computer rm at the hotel now...) Cabin was really nice. Balcony was huge. Definitely a lot of soot on certain mornings.



Dear tkmom: Are you home and back to the old routine!!!! Very much looking forward to your pictures when you have a chance!!! Thank you in advance.
__________________
BLeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #35
tkmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 16

Soot was from the smokestack I believe - not the fireworks.
__________________
TKmom
DH, DS 5 and DD 3

2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas 4 night
2011 Disney Magic Western 7 night
2012 Disney Fantasy Western 7 night
tkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #36
tkmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 16

How many posts do you have to have to be able to post photos? I have some to post but the board won't let me... And yes crazy busy since we got back so sorry for the delay!
__________________
TKmom
DH, DS 5 and DD 3

2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas 4 night
2011 Disney Magic Western 7 night
2012 Disney Fantasy Western 7 night
tkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #37
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmom View Post
How many posts do you have to have to be able to post photos? I have some to post but the board won't let me... And yes crazy busy since we got back so sorry for the delay!
I just did a search and the thread I found said you have to have 10 posts, so you should be good now that you have 11. If you have any questions on how to do it, I'll be glad to help you.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #38
tkmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I just did a search and the thread I found said you have to have 10 posts, so you should be good now that you have 11. If you have any questions on how to do it, I'll be glad to help you.
Ok- it updated my number of posts and now says I can add an attachment, but it will only let me post a link to a URL, not the actual image or jpeg file that I haved saved on my computer. I don't have anything loaded up to snapfish or any other kind of web album yet. Do I have to do that in order to post them? I just wanted to be able to post a few quick photos of the verandah, etc. since I haven't had time to sort through the hundreds of photos I took to make an album...
__________________
TKmom
DH, DS 5 and DD 3

2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas 4 night
2011 Disney Magic Western 7 night
2012 Disney Fantasy Western 7 night
tkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmom View Post
Ok- it updated my number of posts and now says I can add an attachment, but it will only let me post a link to a URL, not the actual image or jpeg file that I haved saved on my computer. I don't have anything loaded up to snapfish or any other kind of web album yet. Do I have to do that in order to post them? I just wanted to be able to post a few quick photos of the verandah, etc. since I haven't had time to sort through the hundreds of photos I took to make an album...
Yes, that is the only way it will let you post a picture. No direct attachments. You don't have to, but if you want, you can just load the few pictures that you want to post to photobucket (or wherever) and not actually load all your photos at once. Don't worry about it if it's a big hassle though. I understand being busy and not having time to fool with this stuff.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #40
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"
 
kritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 27,175

Wondering if anyone can tell me if you can see the fireworks from Cabins 9174, 9176, or 9172 on the Fantasy?? TIA!!
__________________
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #41
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,471

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
Wondering if anyone can tell me if you can see the fireworks from Cabins 9174, 9176, or 9172 on the Fantasy?? TIA!!
I'm sure hoping we can .. hi Kristin!
__________________

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #42
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"
 
kritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 27,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
I'm sure hoping we can .. hi Kristin!
Hi Beth,

I hope we can too!! Happy Birthday!! Miss you!!
__________________
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.